STARplex Courts conditions of entry and participation
We encourage everyone to behave in a positive manner and follow the conditions of entry below.
Conditions of entry are subject to change without notice.
1. Management / Staff Instructions
- For safety and security reasons, all patrons accessing the centre must obey all signs around the centre; and follow all reasonable requests and instructions given by management and employees.
2. General Terms of Entry
- Anyone attempting to gain entry to the facilities without paying or without authorisation will be asked to leave.
- The consumption of alcohol, smoking and drug use is not permitted in the centre.
- Drugs, weapons or any other substances or objects which are prohibited by law are not permitted to be brought into the centre.
3. General Behaviour
- All patrons must behave in a manner that is safe and respectful for the enjoyment and safety of other patrons using the centre.
- Any behaviour which is considered offensive, inappropriate or interferes with the enjoyment of other patrons will incur discipline.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Angry, offensive, or vulgar language, including swearing, name calling and shouting
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any other menacing behaviour
- Behaviour which intends to or results in the theft or destruction of property
- Use of cameras to take photos or videos of children and/or the change room and toilet areas
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices which may be used as weapons
- The sale, possession, distribution, or use of any illegal substance by an individual on council property is prohibited and will constitute grounds for immediate termination and possible prosecution
- For safety and security reasons, patrons are not permitted to block the entrances and exits to the centre with personal belongings.
- All children under 10 years of age must always be supervised by a parent or responsible guardian of 18 years of age or older (unless in a supervised activity
- ZERO TOLERANCE IN SPORT
4. Medical Conditions and Related Matters
- People with serious medical conditions, including, but not limited to, epilepsy and heart conditions, must report their condition to the Centre or Duty Manager.
- Patrons are not permitted to use the facility if they are affected by any drugs, alcohol or medications which may make it unsafe for them and others to use the facilities.
- Patrons consent to receiving any first aid treatment that Starplex staff may reasonably consider necessary or desirable if they suffer an injury whilst at the centre.
5. Commercial and/or Business Activity
- No person entering the centre shall carry out any form of commercial and/or business activity and/or enterprise within the centre unless consent has first been obtained from Starplex management.
- If Starplex management provides its consent to any form of commercial and/or business activity or enterprise, the person carrying out or responsible for the commercial and/or business activity or enterprise shall ensure that they comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
6. Lost or Stolen Items
- Starplex does not accept liability for any theft, loss, or damage to personal property, whether within the facility or elsewhere. Lost property will be dispersed after 14 days.
7. Risk, Injury, and Indemnity
- Patrons enter and use Starplex at their own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, The Starplex does not accept liability for any injury or death to any person whilst in the facility.
8. Images and Videos
Starplex welcomes the capturing of your magic moments on camera or video; however, privacy of others must be respected. The use of cameras and video cameras at this venue is conditional upon the following:
- You must have consent of Starplex management.
- You must have all relevant individuals consent to use images
- Under no circumstances are cameras, video cameras or mobile phones to be used in change room areas.
- It is illegal to broadcast or publish images without consent
9. Right of Refusal of Entry and Eviction
- Starplex reserves the right to refuse entry and to evict any person at any time from the centre at its sole discretion.
- Starplex management may refuse entry to or evict a person from the centre who in the opinion of centre management may compromise the safety or overall enjoyment of other patrons of the centre or its facilities.